After an extensive nationwide search, the SAAF Board of Directors is pleased to announce that Beth Frantz has been appointed as SAAF’s next CEO. Beth is SAAF’s fourth CEO in the organization’s 25+ year history.
Beth comes to SAAF from the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona where she recently served as the Interim CEO and Chief Financial & Administrative Officer of one of our area’s largest non-profit organizations. Her nonprofit career began over 20 years ago in Chicago at the Howard Brown Health Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center.
“SAAF is such an important organization in our community, and I am honored to be selected to serve as its next CEO. I intend to use my background in federally qualified health centers, social service organizations, and finance to stabilize and increase our services for the community needs of today,” shares Beth Frantz.
The CEO Search Committee, comprised of SAAF board members, executive leadership, program staff, as well as clients and community members, is confident that Beth brings the skills, experiences, and characteristics identified by SAAF’s stakeholders as essential for this position, including:
• Demonstrated leadership and management experience, serving three times as Interim CEO in nonprofit organizations;
• Extensive experience working with marginalized communities;
• Commitment and connection to the LGBTQ+ community in Tucson;
• Leadership in integrating DEI principles in the workplace;
• Experience working in large, complex nonprofit organizations of $20M+;
• Start-up and growth of clinical, pharmacy, and 340B programs;
• Financial acumen and government grant compliance experience;
• Understanding of and willingness to engage in fundraising and donor development.
Beth is a former SAAF board member who resigned her position last summer in order to apply for the CEO position. She served as Board Treasurer during her tenure.
From Julia Wieland, Board President, “SAAF is delighted to hire a new CEO who not only has the career experience and skill set that aligns with our strategic direction, but who also is passionate about our mission and a committed member of our own community.”
Beth will start at SAAF on April 10th. Terry Flores, Interim CEO, will remain on contract through April 15th in order to facilitate the transition.
Please join us in welcoming Beth Frantz!