Housing Services Manager
Scope of Work
The Housing Services Manager oversees the day-to-day management of housing case management for clients in SAAF’s permanent supportive housing and transitional housing programs. The Housing Services Manager supervises a team of seven case managers who directly provide these services to clients who include people living with HIV and others who are chronically homeless. The Housing Services Manager is a full-time, exempt position that requires flexible working hours including some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Provide direct supervision to housing case management staff.
- Coordinate housing case management activities to support homelessness prevention, housing navigation, case management, administrative, and maintenance components of the Housing Case Management Team.
- Provide guidance and support to staff on the delivery of services to clients.
- Serves as the backup to the Housing Case Managers in serving clients when they are unavailable.
- Support Housing Team in meeting identified client needs.
- Manage weekly group supervision meetings and Housing Case Management Team meetings.
- Participate in the Tucson-Pima Collaboration to End Homelessness, the local Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Continuum of Care, and in other meetings as appropriate to coordinate activities and partner with local homeless services providers.
- Coordinate client services and referrals with the City of Tucson Housing and Community Development Department.
- Attend and participate in treatment team meetings with medical providers and network with other agency and community service providers to secure appropriate, quality services for agency clients.
- Ensure housing case management staff members maintain timely and accurate documentation of all client contact.
- Serve as member of Care Services Department, working in close coordination with the case management team at other sites.
- Attend agency staff meetings.
- Comply with SAAF employment and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Reports to the Associate Director of Housing Services.
- Minimum three (3) years of Management experience, managing a team of five (5) or more.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in social services or housing related field.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Knowledge of housing displacement issues.
- Must be able to obtain the following Certifications within six (6) months of hire:
- Housing Quality Standards (HQS) certification and Lead Certification
- SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery (SOAR) Certification
- Healthy Arizona HEAplus Certification
- Must be able to complete the following within six (6) months of hire:
- HUD’s “Getting to Work” employment training modules for people living with HIV/AIDS
- Ryan White Medical Case Management training modules.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle, a valid Arizona Driver License and a driving record that will be supported by our liability insurance provider.
- Appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (paid for by SAAF).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS Medical Case Management services and client advocacy through education, benefits assessment, and enrollment for coordination of services.
- Four years case management experience working with people with substance abuse and/or mental health issues.
- Four years’ experience working in housing or homeless services programs.
- Four years’ experience working with Tucson human service providers.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with database systems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Capable of problem solving and working independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sensitivity to cultural and personal diversity.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Salary ranges from $43,113 to $52,815, DOE.
Health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401(k) with matching, long-term and short-term disability insurance. 12 paid holidays per year, 4 weeks of PTO per year to start in addition to 40 hours of sick leave. Access to SAAF Health Clinic on-site for primary care needs.
Submit letter of interest and resume with dates of employment to:
Yvette Bass – Recruiting & Retention
Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation
375 S Euclid Ave., Tucson, AZ 85719
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
The Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.
People who have used drugs, have performed sex work, people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, those who have experienced housing insecurity, people who have received harm reduction services, and people living with HIV/AIDS and/or hepatitis C are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job is a sedentary job, as defined by the Social Security Administration, CFR.
CFR § 404.1567. Physical exertion requirements:
(a) Sedentary work. Sedentary work involves lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary for carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally, and other sedentary criteria are met.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Management reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, functions, and requirements.