This Pride Month, the Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation (SAAF) is proud to stand with and demonstrate how LGBTQ+ Americans have strengthened our country by using our talents and creativity to help create awareness and goodwill. Pride Month is dedicated to uplift LGBTQ+ voices, celebrate our diverse cultures, and support and continue the fight for all our rights!
Because of recent events geared towards all LGBTQ+ identified individuals, but especially our transgender family, so many of us have let fear, guilt, and shame keep us from following our most genuine desires. We get into the habit of erasing parts of ourselves and making our truth small…we give our power away. But, the legacy of Pride is one of bold, unapologetic, self-celebration. It’s a way of proclaiming to oneself and to the world, “I deserve to take up space on this grand planet, just as I am.”
SAAF continues to pave a path towards our future, by addressing racial inequities and health disparities that disproportionately impact communities of color and LGBTQ+ identified individuals.
Together we can continue to:
- Ensure people living with or at-risk for HIV in our community receive compassionate professional care and prevention services.
- Promote health equity by providing inclusive, affirming, and accessible, behavioral, medical, and prevention services.
- Empower BIPOC, queer, trans, and gender-nonconforming individuals to build resiliency.
- Cultivate stronger LGBTQ+ communities through greater solidarity, collaboration, and racial equity.
- Engage in intentional, community-wide advocacy as a tool for systemic change.
SAAF is leading a collaborative response to ensure the health, well-being, and social justice for all our community. Together, we have the power to chart a course towards a healthier and more inclusive future for everyone in Southern Arizona. You can make a positive difference with a gift to support people living with HIV/AIDS, members of our LGBTQ+ family, and other marginalized populations. Your community needs you! Join us today to build a future we can all be proud of.
Remember, PRIDE is a celebration of visibility, autonomy, equality, and self-determination. It is an assertion that we are here, despite ongoing efforts to erase us. Your gift brings us closer to achieving the goals for all Southern Arizona!