Temporary Insurance Program Associate
Scope of Work
The Temporary Insurance Program Associate processes enrollments, premiums, and claims, along with program and data support and duties related to SAAF’s Medical Benefits Management Program, Health Insurance Premium and Cost Sharing Assistance Program, and Statewide Dental Program for the State of Arizona during the HealthCare.gov open enrollment period. The position works in collaboration with statewide Ryan White funded partners, insurance companies, and the Arizona Department of Health Services Ryan White Office. Reports to the Statewide Insurance Programs Manager. The position requires significant client contact via telephone and/or video chat and/or email and/or mail. The position requires flexible hours during the HealthCare.gov open enrollment period. This is a full-time (40 hrs/wk), non-exempt temporary position through mid-January. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Contacts clients to schedule appointments, remind clients about appointments, and obtain follow-up documentation after enrollment has been completed.
- Reviews client documents uploaded into a statewide database to assist in vetting appropriateness of enrollment into HealthCare.gov insurance plans.
- Enrolls eligible clients into HealthCare.gov insurance plans (training and licensure provided by SAAF, the Arizona Department of Insurance, and HealthCare.gov)
- Enters insurance premium information into a statewide database.
- Provides program back-up to the Statewide Dental and the Health Insurance Premiums and Cost Sharing Assistance Program.
- Serves as member of the Care Services team.
- Must be able to obtain licensure through the Arizona Department of Insurance (paid for by SAAF) as a Certified Application Counselor.
- Must have access to reliable transportation with valid Arizona driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to demonstrate quick and accurate data entry skills.
- Licensed accident and health or sickness insurance producer OR Certified Application Counselor.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or two years minimum administrative work in a social services, insurance, or customer service environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical benefits coordination and insurance systems.
- Strong organizational skills, capable of problem solving and working independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; sensitivity to cultural and personal diversity.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with database applications.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues and current HIV/AIDS treatment protocols.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Non-exempt position $18.30 – $22.42/hour DOE
Eleven (11) paid holidays, two (2) half day paid holidays, one (1) paid floating holiday, twenty (20) days of paid vacation per year to start, in addition to 40 hours of sick leave. Health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401(k) with matching, long-term and short-term disability insurance. Additional optional plans include Life Insurance, Pet Services Discount Plan, Equitable plans (Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Hospital Confinement Insurance). Access to SAAF Health Clinic on-site for primary care needs.
Submit a letter of interest and resume with dates of employment to:
Yvette Bass, Recruiting and Retention
Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation
375 S. Euclid Ave.
Tucson, AZ, 85719
or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below.
The Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.
People who have used drugs, have performed sex work, people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, those who have experienced housing insecurity, people who have received harm reduction services, and people living with HIV/AIDS and/or hepatitis C are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job is a Light Work job, as defined by the Social Security Administration, CFR. CFR § 404.1567. Physical exertion requirements:
(b) Light work. Light work involves lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may be very little, a job is in this category when it requires a good deal of walking or standing, or when it involves sitting most of the time with some pushing and pulling of arm or leg controls. To be considered capable of performing a full or wide range of light work, you must have the ability to do substantially all of these activities. If someone can do light work, we determine that he or she can also do sedentary work, unless there are additional limiting factors such as loss of fine dexterity or inability to sit for long periods of time.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. Management reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, functions, and requirements.