Housing Case Manager Coordinator
Scope of Work
The Housing Case Manager Coordinator provides comprehensive case management services to clients living with HIV/AIDS and supervises a team of case managers who provide these services. The House Case Manager Coordinator reports to the Housing Services Manager and works with a broad spectrum of persons living with HIV/AIDS, works with clients’ families, and assists clients with accessing medical care and housing through Section 8 Voucher Programs. The Housing Case Manager Coordinator position is a full-time exempt position. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervises a team of housing case managers in the Ryan White PartB program to include:
- Works with the Housing Case Managers to address and coordinate day-to-day client issues for clients in service or at risk for leaving service. Works with Housing Services Manager to address client crisis and/or high-level clinical issues.
- Responsible for training, and supervising the Housing Case Management team, in coordination with the Housing Services Manager and Associate Director of Housing.
- Responsible for day-to-day program implementation and coordination of housing case management services.
- Carries a case load that provides a range of client-centered services to support persons living with HIV/AIDS in obtaining or maintaining primary medical care and housing including:
- Initial assessment of service needs including Self-Sufficiency Matrix and Acuity Scale.
- Complete the Vulnerability Index- Service Prioritization Decision Assistance Tool (VISPDAT) for clients requestinghousing.
- Development of a comprehensive, individualized service plan.
- Coordination of services required to implement the plan.
- Client monitoring to assess the efficacy of the plan.
- Periodic re-evaluation and adaptation of the plan as necessary; and
- Client-specific advocacy and/or review of utilization ofservices.
- In collaboration with the client, develop a goal plan, which outlines goals that address transition needs for potential housing program clients and long-term housing stability needs of housing program clients in their residence.
- Support clients in meeting identified needs.
- Actively participate in weekly group supervision meetings.
- Conduct home visits to assess and support clients and/or identify unmet needs and institutional visits as applicable.
- Attend and participate in treatment team meetings with medical providers and network with other agency and community service providers to secure appropriate, quality services for agency clients. Monitor and note medication adherence and treatment compliance.
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation of all client contact.
- Serve as member of Care Services Department, working in close coordination with the medical case management and housing teams.
- Attend agency staff meetings.
- Comply with SAAF employment and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Minimum of two years prior administration experience in social services, housing, or property management related field.
- Minimum three (3) years of Management experience, managing a team of five (5) or more with paid staff and/or volunteers.
- Appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (paid for by SAAF).
- Health-related field or 2 years’ work experience in social services related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must have access to reliable transportation, a valid Arizona Driver License, current insurance and a driving record that will be supported by our liability insurance provider.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues.
- Three years’ case management experience working with people with substance abuse and/or mental health issues.
- Knowledge of supportive housing programs and issues related to homelessness.
- Previous experience in a team leader or supervisor role.
- Experience working with Tucson human service providers.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with database systems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Capable of problem solving and working independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sensitivity to cultural and personal diversity.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Non-Exempt: $21.35 – $26.15/hr DOE
Eleven (11) paid holidays, two (2) half day paid holidays, one (1) paid floating holiday, twenty (20) days of paid vacation per year to start, in addition to 40 hours of sick leave. Health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401(k) with matching, long-term and short-term disability insurance. Additional optional plans include Life Insurance, Pet Services Discount Plan, Equitable plans (Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Hospital Confinement Insurance). Access to SAAF Health Clinic on-site for primary care needs.
Submit a letter of interest and resume with dates of employment to:
Yvette Bass, Recruiting and Retention
Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation
375 S. Euclid Ave.
Tucson, AZ, 85719
or email email@example.com, or fill out the form below.
The Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.
People who have used drugs, have performed sex work, people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, those who have experienced housing insecurity, people who have received harm reduction services, and people living with HIV/AIDS and/or hepatitis C are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job is a Sedentary Work position, as defined by the Social Security Administration, CFR. CFR § 404.1567.
Physical exertion requirements: (a) Sedentary work. Sedentary work involves lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. Management reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, functions, and requirements.