Case Management Coordinator
Scope of Work
The Case Management Coordinator provides comprehensive case management services to clients living with HIV/AIDS and supervises a team of case managers who provide these services. The Case Management Coordinator works with a broad spectrum of persons living with HIV/AIDS, works with clients’ families, and assists clients with accessing medical care. The Case Management Coordinator position is a full-time exempt position.
- Supervise a team of case managers in the Ryan White Part B program.
- Works with the Case Managers to address and coordinate day-to-day client issues for clients in service or at risk for leaving service. Works with Care Services Manager to address client crisis and/or high-level clinical issues.
- Responsible for training, and supervising the Case Management team, in coordination with the Care Services Manager and Associate Director of Care Services.
- Responsible for day-to-day program implementation and coordination of case management services.
- Provide a range of client-centered services to support persons living with HIV/AIDS in obtaining or maintaining primary medical care including:
- Initial assessment of service needs including Self-Sufficiency Matrix and Acuity Scale.
- Complete the Vulnerability Index- Service Prioritization Decision Assistance Tool (VI- SPDAT) for clients requesting housing.
- Development of a comprehensive, individualized service plan.
- Coordination of services required to implement the plan.
- Client monitoring to assess the efficacy of the plan.
- Periodic re-evaluation and adaptation of the plan as necessary; and
- Client-specific advocacy and/or review of utilization of services.
- In collaboration with the client, develop a goal plan, which outlines goals that address transition needs for potential housing program clients and long-term housing stability needs of housing program clients in their residence.
- Support clients in meeting identified needs.
- Actively participate in weekly group supervision meetings.
- Conduct home visits to assess and support clients and/or identify unmet needs and institutional visits as applicable.
- Attend and participate in treatment team meetings with medical providers and network with other agency and community service providers to secure appropriate, quality services for agency clients. Monitor and note medication adherence and treatment compliance.
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation of all client contact.
- Serve as member of Care Services Department, working in close coordination with the medical case management and housing teams.
- Attend agency staff meetings.
- Comply with SAAF employment and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Reports to the Care Services Manager.
- Appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (paid for by SAAF).
- Health-related field or 2 years’ work experience in social services related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must have access to reliable transportation, a valid Arizona Driver License, current insurance and a driving record that will be supported by SAAF’s liability insurance provider.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues.
- Three years’ case management experience working with people with substance abuse and/or mental health issues.
- Knowledge of supportive housing programs and issues related to homelessness.
- Previous experience in a team leader or supervisor role.
- Experience working with Tucson human service providers.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with database systems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Capable of problem solving and working independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sensitivity to cultural and personal diversity.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Non-Exempt position $44,407 – $54,399 annually
Eleven (11) paid holidays, two (2) half day paid holidays, one (1) paid floating holiday, twenty (20) days of paid vacation per year to start, in addition to 40 hours of sick leave. Health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401(k) with matching, long-term and short-term disability insurance. Additional optional plans include Life Insurance, Pet Services Discount Plan, Equitable plans (Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Hospital Confinement Insurance). Access to SAAF Health Clinic on-site for primary care needs.
Submit a letter of interest and resume with dates of employment to:
Yvette Bass, Recruiting and Retention
Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation
375 S. Euclid Ave.
Tucson, AZ, 85719
or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below.
The Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.
People who have used drugs, have performed sex work, people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, those who have experienced housing insecurity, people who have received harm reduction services, and people living with HIV/AIDS and/or hepatitis C are strongly encouraged to apply.
This job is a Light Work job, as defined by the Social Security Administration, CFR. CFR § 404.1567. Physical exertion requirements:
(b) Light work. Light work involves lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may be very little, a job is in this category when it requires a good deal of walking or standing, or when it involves sitting most of the time with some pushing and
pulling of arm or leg controls. To be considered capable of performing a full or wide range of light work, you must have the ability to do substantially all of these activities. If someone can do light work, we determine that he or she can also do sedentary work, unless there are additional limiting factors such as loss of fine dexterity or inability to sit for long periods of time.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. Management reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, functions, and requirements.