Southern Arizona Senior Pride
- Strengthen the community of LGBT Seniors through outreach, participation, and events
- Provide social, volunteer and educational opportunities.
- Communicate through newsletter, e-mail, website, and Facebook page to keep LGBT Seniors current with information, policies and issues
- Advocate for LGBT Seniors
- Collaborate with other Senior Organizations to promote and develop services for LGBT Seniors.
- Provide information and referral services.
SASP meets monthly on the second Tuesday of the month, 2:00PM at Himmel Park Library to discuss issues, plans, and business. ALL are welcome to join. For more information, click here.
Upcoming SASP Events
Southern Arizona Senior Pride General Meeting
• 2nd Tuesday of each month
• Himmel Park Library- 1035 North Treat Ave.
SASP Monthly Potluck
• 4th Saturday of each month
• Cornerstone Fellowship- 2902 North Geronimo Potluck
Contact: Lee Roden – (520) 398-6826
Join us for a Variety Show and Fundraiser
• Sunday, Nov. 13, 2016, 1:30-4:30PM
• $15.00 Admission (more if you can less if you can’t)
• Location: Water of Life MCC Church-3269N. Mountain Ave.
see soazseniorpride.org for list of performers
Important Town Hall: Stop Housing Discrimination Against LGBT Seniors
• Monday, Nov. 14, 2016; 1:30-4:30PM, Free to attend
• Location: Donna Liggins Center-2160 N. 6th Ave.
see soazseniorpride.org for details
Two Important Surveys – to Improve Services to Our Community! Below are two surveys created to gather info about our community towards improving our services!
1) PCOA’s Survey of Adults 60 and Older
Pima Council On Aging (PCOA) is doing a survey of adults, 60 and older, to identify current and emerging needs for aging services. There are several specific questions for LGBTQ older adults included in this survey – this is a great opportunity for our community to give PCOA input! Please return by November 18, 2016.
or call 520 258-5070 for help and for locations where paper copies of this survey are available.
2) Southern AZ Senior Pride’s Survey in Support of Neighbors’ Care Alliance
This brief survey was created to support the efforts of the Neighbors Care Alliance (NCA). The NCA is a group of neighborhood organizations that assist seniors to stay independent and in their homes for as long as possible. We would like to integrate LGBTQI Seniors both as clients and volunteers in the NCA. Please fill out the survey and return so that we can determine needs and willingness to volunteer. Please return by December 1, 2016.
OR, if you or you know someone who would like to receive this survey in the mail, please call 520-312-8923 and provide mailing address
To make an online, tax deductible donation to support Southern Arizona Senior Pride, click the donate button below.
The mission of the Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation is to cultivate a healthy and stigma-free society through transformative action.